FAMILY NEVER GRADUATES
Greetings Fellow CCHS Alumni and Families:
As part of the CCHS/SCCS family, you have played a vital role in shaping our schools just as the school played a role in developing the relationships and opportunities you now experience. Therefore, as the new Director of Recruitment and Alumni Relations, I am eager to connect with you and to help you “Stay Connected” with your school.
“Stay Connected” opportunities are being planned that will allow you to continue to experience, enjoy, and invest in our Christ Centered Learning Community intent on Restoring God’s World.
Click on our “Alumni Upcoming Events” link, mark your calendar for these dates, and stay tuned for more opportunities for you to share your time and talents with our current students as we partner to help further God’s kingdom through our school community.
For His Glory,
’87 CCHS Graduate
“Family Never Graduates”
UPCOMING ALUMNI EVENTS
A list of events for next year will be coming soon!
SUBMIT ALUMNI NEWS
Click here to keep us updated on what's new.
LOCAL ALUMNI CHAPTERS
What is a Local Chapter?
Alumni Chapters are created by Chicago Christian High School (CCHS) alumni and families in specific geographic areas to share their “Knight Pride” and to meet other Chicago Christian alumni living in their area.
What is the Purpose of a Local Alumni Chapter?
CCHS alumni chapters organized throughout the country are the result of a desire of alumni to maintain a partnership with CCHS. Through this partnership, alumni are able to connect with former classmates as well as develop friendships with other alumni, share ties to the past, form a professional network with fellow graduates, and continue life-long learning experiences. All of this is accomplished while participating in the ongoing progress and life of CCHS and while having a great deal of fun. Chicago Christian depends on its engaged and dedicated alumni leaders as the lifeline to help carry on its mission. The specific goals of each local alumni chapter would be as follows:
- To help CCHS keep alumni informed about developments at the high school.
- To provide a venue for the exchange of ideas between alumni and CCHS.
- To provide opportunities for alumni to network within their geographical areas.
- To involve alumni across the country in career development and job placement of Chicago Christian graduates.
- To renew friendships among Chicago Christian graduates.
- To plan and provide fun alumni events that allow for Christian fellowship among alumni.
- To encourage participation in the Annual Fund and Capital Campaigns.
How do I form a Local Alumni Chapter?
Organizing a local alumni chapter can be a very rewarding experience. Here are the basic steps to follow in creating an alumni chapter.
- STEP ONE – Our Director of Alumni Relations, Tim Schnyders, will assist you in identifying other alumni who live in your geographic area. If there are enough alumni who live in your area to support an alumni chapter, Tim will assist you with contacting these individuals to start an actual alumni chapter.
- STEP TWO – Tim will assist you in developing a mailing to measure interest in organizing a local alumni chapter. The Chicago Christian High School Association Office will coordinate and send the mailing to gauge interest in your area.
- STEP THREE – An initial meeting of potential alumni volunteers would be held. The focus of the first meeting will serve as an opportunity for alumni to meet each other, generate future ideas for the local chapter, plan future activities and events, and determine an overall direction for the new local chapter.
- STEP FOUR – Host a local chapter event. Events hosted by the local chapter should be reasonably budgeted, so as many alumni (and families) as possible can participate. Some events can be sponsored by a local business or individuals. This is where the networking really becomes invaluable – don’t be afraid to use the connections of the local chapter. The events that are planned should reflect the uniqueness of the geographic area where the chapter exists and appeal to the various interests of the group.
- STEP FIVE – the chapter should continue to seek out new members and volunteers and should share all event information, local chapter news, pictures of outings, etc. with the Chicago Christian High School Director of Alumni Relations, Tim Schnyders.
What are some other possible responsibilities of an alumni chapter?
- Host Chicago Christian High School sports teams, performing arts groups, or other school clubs.
- Raise funds to help support projects at Chicago Christian High School on behalf of the Alumni Association.
- Coordinate such activities as “Kingdom Building Day” and other service projects in conjunction with Chicago Christian High School.
- Coordinate/participate in alumni outings such as Trivia Nights, sporting events, etc.
- Keep local members informed of upcoming Chicago Christian events including class reunions, etc.
How can I become a Chicago Christian High School Alumni Local Chapter leader?
To become a Chicago Christian High School alumni local chapter leader, contact Tim Schnyders at (708) 388-7656 or via email at email@example.com.
Chicago Christian High School Class of 1987
Local Alumni Chapter
Amy Retsema Eyler and Leslie Hellinga Tel
Chicago Christian High School Classes of 1992 and 1991
Local Alumni Chapter
ALUMNI REWARDS CARD AND T-SHIRT
Attend our Alumni events to receive our T-Shirt and Alumni Rewards Card which provides discounts at local businesses.
CCHS ALUMNI CURRENTLY IN COLLEGE
Keep us updated on your college information.
Planning a Class Reunion
Interested in hosting a 5, 10, 20, ...... 50 year class reunion? The Southwest Chicago Christian School Association can help!
- Our alumni office will provide mailing labels to help you announce your event.
- We will provide a tour of the school during your class reunion, including some type of Chicago Christian High School alumni gift for your class members who attend.
- We can provide potential dates for your event that are "open" on our school calendar to help you plan your event date.
- We can suggest restaurants if need be as well as photographers to help you plan your event.
- We ask that you provide us with a photograph of your class reunion, so we can include it in our class reunion gallery.
For any information or questions regarding class reunions, please contact Sandy Waterlander at 708.388.7656 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete our class reunion form.
Upcoming Class Reunions
Class of 1967 – 50th Reunion
Plans are being made for the 50th class reunion - anticipated to occur on September 29 and 30, 2017. September 29 is the CCHS Homecoming football game so we plan to gather there and perhaps have a tour of the school building that night or the following morning. We are planning a banquet the evening of September 30 at the Garden Chalet in Worth. Please contact the planning committee at CCHS-ClassOf1967@alumni.com or call Roger DeGroot 708/404-2101 for more information or to express your intent to attend.
Class of 1968 – 50th Reunion
The Chicago Christian High School Class of 1968 is currently planning their 50th class reunion. Contact Dr. Barry Bandstra at email@example.com for any questions or information.
Class of 1976 – 40th Reunion
The Class of 1976 is planning their 40th Class Reunion. Any one interested should contact Lee Tibstra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class of 1997 – 20th Reunion
The Chicago Christian High School Class of 1997 is beginning to plan a 20th year reunion. For more information or to help with the planning, please contact Dionne Camacho at email@example.com.
HELP AT OUR THRIFT STORE
Attention Chicago Christian Alumni - Looking for a way to help Chicago Christian High School?
Pass It On Thrift Center is in need of several volunteers to help at the thrift store, and they would like CCHS alumni to help! Pass It On supports our schools by donating revenue to help lower the cost of tuition for current families.
If you are available to help, they have an immediate need for volunteers in the following areas:
- Truck Drivers
- Volunteers in the Furniture Department
- Volunteers to help during the day as well
- Volunteers to help in the evenings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Volunteers to help on Saturdays from 10 am -3 pm.
Whether you can come every week or just one time, any help would be appreciated! If you are interested, please contact the Thrift Store at (708) 824-0433. Please prayerfully consider giving of your time!
CCHS graduates needing official embossed transcripts, please contact our high school office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wonder where your classmates live now? Search our online alumni directory.
ANNUAL ALUMNI PROJECT
For over 50 years, CCHS alumni have given annually to support a project selected by school administrators that is not in the budget. Alumni Projects Since 1966 These projects have encompassed all facets of CCHS student life including science, technology, theater/drama, athletics, library/media center and much more. Click here to donate to this year’s Alumni project.